Saturday 16 November 2013

Sanding


The song that best suits this post is... Darude - Sandstorm. It started off as an innocent hole patching job, then I kept finding nails in the walls, and then I took those wooden boxes off the wall which were apparently used for storing 50lb dumbbells... Four 5 inch long screws were used to anchor EACH box to the wall - a bit excessive, and took forever to take out because the screws were stripped so I had to use a screwdriver, all with a broken arm. This actually took about 30 minutes and I broke a pretty good sweat.



Then I realized the corners were all bubbly.... probably should have just left them alone but I tried smoothing them out and they do look a little better.  


And Then I went a little crazy trying to cover up some seams on the walls. They're in an even pattern so I may paint stripes on the wall to cover them up if the skim coating doesn't work. Eventually we will probably replace the walls, this was just meant to be a temporary fix for walls that had had years of nails and posters tacked onto them. 


Smoothed over 2 wide seams, floor to ceiling just to see how it looks. Looks like we need new walls and floors!


And here I am as a ghost. I accidentally left the window in this room open over the weekend so there is dust ALL over upstairs!  Grrrreat! 


After shot. I'd love to take credit for smooth walls, but my low resolution picture will get most of the credit, lol. I put a fresh coat of paint on the walls and it helped but all of the patches are SUPER visible through the paint, even a 2nd coat. This room may have lots of artwork hung up in it until we have the money to put all new walls in. Thank you SO much to whoever painted over the wallpaper. I bet the wallpaper was back in fashion by now and would have been just fine! 


No comments:

Post a Comment