Saturday 30 November 2013

Yellow (Kitchen Floors)

This is pretty much an advertisement for the H20 Steam Mop and associated cleaning products. Initially the kitchen floors didn't look horrible in online pictures thanks to lighting but they were horrific in real life. Like, I got a quote from Kent's to replace them before we even moved in but the quote was sky high and the H20 Steam Mop is amazing! 


My mother has always come to my rescue when it comes to setting up new digs - THANK YOU! She went to town on the floor with ammonia and baking soda and absolutely solved our flooring problem for the time being. I'm not sure if the previous owners ever cleaned the floors (no offence if you see this!) or maybe the H20 Steam Mop is really just that good. After steaming it a handful of times it was as dull and matte as a dried up glue stick but the yellow tinge was gone! I found this Pledge floor finish product and applied it with my other new favourite cleaning product - the Vileda super twist microfibre mop! 

Here's a great before and after of both the flooring and the new dishwasher we had installed. 





As you can see here, NO section of the floor was this white prior to the deep clean! 

I was going to paint the office trim Colorado Blue but found found it too dark, so I used it in the kitchen instead. So many happy accidents and repurposed cans of paint! Even thought it was all on sale when I bought it, I didn't want 55$ regular priced cans of paint going to waste! It was definitely tough painting the wall above the cabinets but it needed to be done. I got tons of paint on the ceiling but the shadows hide it well so that's okay! The walls were white before but it was so dark and dingey in there and this light crisp blue really brightened it up. I'm aware I have blue on blue on blue but it somehow works and I love it. 


On a side not, I decided to  make some cheesy bacon Crescent Roll ups via Pinterest, and they turned out fabulous! 







No comments:

Post a Comment